Bottle | 125ml | 175ml | 250ml
22. Hugonell, Joven Rioja (Spain)
Made from the classic Tempranillo grape, this young Rioja is made in a vibrant and modern style. Plum and strawberry flavours combine with hints of vanilla and spice in a ripe mouthful of fruit.
£19.95 | £3.95 | £5.15 | £6.85
23. Viña Echeverria, Merlot Reserva, Curico Valley (Chile)
Intense aromas of strawberries and blackberries combine nicely with undertones of black pepper and dried fruits. A juicy and silky mouthful that persists on the fruity finish.
£20.95 | £4.00 | £5.25 | £7.10
24. Viña Echeverria, Pinot Noir Gran Reserva, Curico Valley (Chile)
Round and vibrant with plum and strawberry flavours combined with hints of red pepper and spice. The palate is smooth and well balanced, with a fruity and long lasting finish.
£22.95 | £4.15 | £5.60 | £7.95
25. Berton Vineyard, Wine Makers Reserve,The Black Shiraz, South East Australia (Australia)
Selected for its deep colour and intense flavour, this rich, dark red Shiraz has lifted aromas of dark cherry, blackberry and delicately integrated oak. The generous and concentrated palate is velvety with firm tannins and flavours of ripe cherry, plum and mocha over hints of smoky oak.
£23.50 | £4.20 | £5.70 | £8.10
26. San Marzano, Primitivo Di Manduria ‘Talo’ Apulia (Italy)
A deep ruby red with violet reflections and an intense aroma of plums, combined with subtle notes of vanilla and spice. A full-bodied wine, which is balanced and soft on the palate, full of the flavours of Southern Italy.
27. Doña Paula, Paula Malbec, Mendoza, Lujan de Cuyo (Argentina)
A full flavoured Malbec with sweet, spicy and intense aromas of ripe red fruits through a soft and velvety palate with a rich finish.
28. Ondarre, Rioja Crianza ‘Rivallana’ Rioja (Spain)
Spicy fruit aromas combine with typical notes of vanilla from oak ageing. Savoury on the palate with ripe fruit flavours.
29. Berton Vineyard, Reserve Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon, South Australia (Australia)
This award-winning Cabernet Sauvignon, shows an intense, ripe berry bouquet with hints of fresh tobacco and sweet pepper. The palate is brimming with crushed blackberry, cassis and mineral notes enhanced by subtle eucalyptus characteristic of this region and is beautifully complemented by elegant French oak notes.
30. Gérard Bertrand, Naturalys Syrah Languedoc-Roussillon, Pays d’Oc (France)
A deep colour, with shimmering hints of violet. Generous nose, packed with red fruit and spice. Supple, aromatic and impeccably elegant on the palate, with refined tannins and lively fruit flavours offset by subtle herbaceous aromas.
31. Ernst Gouws & Co, Pinotage, Western Cape, Stellenbosch, (South Africa)
Distinctively rich ruby in colour, with bold aromatics of dark chocolate, stewed fruit, spice and hints of coffee. Silky tannins over a backing of integrated oak ensures elegance and balance, with an endless finish.
32. Matias Riccitelli, Hey Malbec, Mendoza Lujan de Cuyo (Argentina)
A beautiful aromas of wild dark fruits, vanilla and chocolate in the nose. This is a complex and rich wine with smooth ripe tannins and a long finish.
33. Saint Clair, Merlot, Hawkes Bay, Hawkes Bay (New Zealand)
Complex ripe dark berry aromas of blackberry and boysenberry combine with Christmas spice and savoury toast. The mid-palate is supported by a well balanced acidity and the supple light powdered tannin structure works in harmony.
34. Piattelli Vineyards, Gran Reserve, Trinita, Mendoza (Argentina)
A blend of Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. Trinità tantalizes the senses with an aromatic bouquet of coffee and spice, which unfolds across the palate with sweetness and a hint of chocolate. Lingering on the palate with fine tannins and a finish reminiscent of plums and oak.
35. San Marzano, Vindoro, Salento, Negroamaro (Italy)
Black cherry jam prelude a powerful and velvety flavour of super ripe fruit. Deep in colour, this velvety rich wine and a hint of spice. Full bodied and powerful, yet balanced, it is rich in fine tannins, with a pleasantly long lasting finish.
36. Gérard Bertrand, Château La, Sauvageonne Pica Broca, Languedoc (France)
Syrah and Grenache blend. Aromas of the garrigue, stewed black fruits and spice, with subtle notes of gingerbread. On the palate the cuvée Pica Broca shows fine, elegant tannins and is well-balanced with a pleasing liveliness on the finish.
37. Domaine De La Solitude, Châteauneuf-du-pape, Rhône (France)
A rich and opulent wine with ripe Morello cherries and sweet black fruits combined with spice, leather and refined smoky notes. Full bodied but with a soft texture, this wine retains the estate’s characteristic elegance whilst embracing a modern style of winemaking.
38. San Marzano, 62 Anniversario Primitivo Di Manduria Riserva, Apulia (Italy)
A rich and opulent wine with vibrant flavours of ripe cherries and plums combined with subtle overtones of cocoa and vanilla. This wine has a velvety texture, softened by the warmth of the Primitivo grapes; brambly fruits on the palate and a persistent sweetness on the finish.
39. Andeluna, Pasionado Cabernet Franc, Mendoza, Uco Valley (Argentina)
A combination of aromas reminiscent of anise, ripe red fruits, and spices, with hints of chocolate and tobacco acquired during its time spent in French oak barrels. A structured, full bodied wine, with rounded tannins which result in a persistent finish.
40. Domaine René Monnier, Beaune 1er Cru Toussaints, Burgundy (France)
A beautiful, elegant Burgundy with notes of smoky plums and red berries. Balanced, with firm tannins on the palate, the ripe fruit flavours are layered with hints of spice and leather, through to a complex and lingering finish.
41. Frescobaldi, Castelgiocondo Brunello Di Montalcino, Tuscany Brunello di Montalcino (Italy)
A lively, luminous ruby red. The nose offers a melange of berries, dominated by blackberry with floral notes of violets, backed by spicy black pepper, toasted coffee and hazelnuts. The texture is dense with elegant tannins. The finish is very long and warm with the spicy notes joined by intense fruity flavours.
42. Château Trottevieille , St. Emilion 1er Grand Cru Classé Bordeaux (France)
With a majority of Merlot in the blend, this wine has great concentration and length. Deeply coloured with lovely depth of blackberry fruit and hints of coffee and chocolate. A truly elegant Bordeaux wine of great finesse.